The Saddleridge fire broke out in Sylmar near the 210 Freeway on Thursday night and is now burning out of control, threatening numerous communities.
The Saddleridge fire started about 9 p.m. on the north side of the 210 Freeway near Yarnell Street.
Spot fires soared over the 210 and 5 freeways and ignited more dry brush. It was moving west into Granada Hills and Porter Ranch, where homes have burned.
- Santa Ana winds gusting 20 to 35 mph
- Low humidity
- Oakridge Estates north of 210 Freeway
- Foothill and Glenoaks areas
- All of Porter Ranch
- Areas north of the 118 Freeway between Granada Hills and the Ventura County line.
- See LAFD evacuation map
- Sylmar Rec Center (13109 Borden Avenue)
- Mason Park (10,500 Mason Avenue)
- Granada Hills Rec Center (16730 Chatsworth Street). As of 4 a.m. Friday the evacuation center is full and cannot accept more residents.
- 210 Freeway in both directions between the 118 and 5 Freeways
- 5 Freeway at the Newhall Pass
- Numerous surface streets in Sylmar, Granada Hills and Porter Ranch.
- Authorities warn of major delays for morning commute.
Click Here: pandora Bangle cheap
The Los Angeles Fire Department says it is investigating the cause.
Multiple fire agencies are on scene, including ground crews and choppers. More than 300 firefighters are on scene.