On Tuesday, TNA President Dixie Carter announced that at the upcoming TNA Slammiversary pay-per-view, the old “King Of The Mountain” gimmick match will return.
Below is the release with all of the details.
King of the Mountain Returns To Slammiversary
For the first time in six years, the King of the Mountain Match returns to Slammiversary on June 28 live on Pay Per View at 8pm ET.
A TNA original, and one of the most innovative matches in all professional wrestling, the King of the Mountain was a staple of the annual Slammiversary event through 2009. Some of the greatest wrestlers in TNA history have entered the King of the Mountain match in hopes to stake a claim to TNA Gold.
Impactwrestling.com is going to take you through the rules that make up the King of the Mountain match, and in the coming days join us right here to relive some of the best moments of the King of the Mountain matches from past Slammiversary.
King of the Mountain Rules:
– The match consists of 5 competitors who begin ineligible to win. In order to become eligible one must score a submission or pinfall where falls count anywhere.
– Once eligible the competitor must retrieve the belt from the official while the person who was pinned or submitted must spend 2 minutes in the “penalty box” cage.
– Multiple competitors can be locked in the penalty box resulting in alliances or the fight continuing.
– Once the belt is in play any other wrestler who is eligible may steal the belt, if at any point the belt is dropped it goes back to the official.
– An eligible competitor hangs the belt on a hook suspended 15 feet above the ring via a ladder to win the match.
Tell us what you think about the return of King of the Mountain to #Slammiversary by using #KOTM.
You've waited… You've asked. We delivered. King of the Mountain match returns at #Slammiversary! #KOTM http://t.co/c8JTjmhbBI
— Dixie Carter (@TNADixie) June 16, 2015
CM Punk “Super OK” If UFC Debut Doesn’t Happen Until 2016