Submitted by Rob Block from the Staples Center
Pretty good crowd. The very top sections weren’t used, but overall, it seemed fairly full. Byron Saxton was the host and ring announcer for the evening.
– Cesaro beat Alberto Del Rio using the Neutralizer
Del Rio always gets a good pop in L.A., but fans still sided more with Cesaro. Good match.
– Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson beat Lucha Dragons with the Magic Killer on Kalisto
Fun match. Anderson was mocking the Lucha chant with the arm movements.
– Baron Corbin beat Dolph Ziggler with the End of Days
Pretty good match, but it didn’t make me want to see it again Sunday. These guys need new opponents.
– Sasha Banks, Natalya, Becky Lynch, and Paige beat WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte, Dana Brooke, Summer Rae, and Eva Marie
Banks made Dana tap out to the Bank Statement. Eva got a big negative reaction as she always does.
– Dean Ambrose defeated Chris Jericho in an L.A. Street Fight
Jericho did some mic work telling everyone to be quiet and take in the gift of Jericho. Ambrose won with Dirty Deeds. They used a kendo stick, chair, and Jericho went through a table.
– US Champion Rusev (w/Lana) beat Titus O’Neil
Lana came out first to a good reaction. O’Neil didn’t get much offense in and Rusev beat him pretty fast with a kick to the face. Doesn’t bode well for MITB.
– Sami Zayn beat Kevin Owens with the Heluva Kick
Good match. These two always work well together. Owens had some fun insulting fans and playing with the crowd. Everyone was singing Sami’s song.
– WWE Champion Roman Reigns beat AJ Styles and Seth Rollins in a triple threat match
Styles and Rollins worked over Reigns a lot together before they finally turned on each other. Styles was late on one save when Rollins has Reigns down and the ref had to really stop from counting to three which caused a “Ref sucks” chant. The match was good and we even got a “This is awesome” chant. Reigns won with the spear on Styles, and got his usual mixed reaction.
– No return date was announced. Overall, a fun show that went three hours including a short intermission.